Sometimes it is more convenient to exercise at home than to go to a crowded, sweaty gym. If you agree, buy some dumbbells to exercise your biceps, triceps, shoulders, back and chest muscles at home!
Method one, choose dumbbells
1. Understand the benefits of dumbbells. Remember, dumbbells are also called free weights. Exercise with dumbbells is good for strength, endurance, and muscle growth.
2. Buy a set of dumbbells if you can. It's good to buy dumbbells of different weights putting on the 3 tier dumbbell rack because you can constantly challenge yourself during your workout. The standard weight combination is to buy two 2.5 kg, two 5 kg and two 7.5 kg dumbbells. To test if the dumbbell combination is right for you, you can pick up the lightest one in the combination and try it out. Raise and lower 10 times. If you are exhausted and don't think you can lift more than 10 times, then this combination is too heavy for you. If you spend a lot of time exercising and think that these weights are not challenging for you, buy a heavier dumbbell. The owner of the local sporting goods store should be able to help you choose the right weight.
3. Pick the type you like. Some dumbbells have finger outlines to guide you where to put your fingers. Some are smooth. Dumbbells come in a variety of colors and materials, including metal, plastic, and rubber. Choose your dumbbell according to personal preference.
4. Determine the intensity of your exercise. The number of sets is the number of times you do an exercise. Here are some exercises you can do with dumbbells. The number of groups is based on your personal level. Usually when a person first starts exercising with dumbbells, each arm can do 10-12 groups, and then gradually increase.
Method 2: Exercise chest muscles
1. Bench press. You need a bed or exercise mat to complete this exercise. Lie on a bed or mat with your knees at the edge of the bed and your feet touching the floor.
Hold a dumbbell in each hand. The dumbbell should be flush with your chest. The palm is toward the leg.
Lift the dumbbell up. The elbow is almost straight. Hold for a while and keep your arms steady.
Lower the dumbbells, return to the original chest level and repeat the above steps.
2. Lying flying movement. You still need to exercise on a mat or bed. Lie on a bed or mat with your knees at the edge of the bed and your feet touching the floor.
Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms, perpendicular to your body, and lift the dumbbells to the height of your body.
Lift the dumbbells so that they meet above your body. Hold for a while and then drop back to the height of the body.
Try to keep your elbows bent to the same extent during exercise.
3. Straight arm stretching. Lie on a bed or mat with your feet vertical and flat on the ground.
Hold the same dumbbell in both hands and stretch your arms above your head. You should extend your arms as far as possible.
Lift up dumbbells. The end of the dumbbell should face the ceiling. Hold for a while.
Slowly lower your arm and return to the position above your head. Repeat the action.
Method 3: Exercise your back muscles
1. Wide movement. Exercising your back will not only make you look good, it will also make you healthier and stronger. In this exercise, remember to exhale when lifting hexagon dumbbell and inhale when lowering.
Bend your hips and knees to squat. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing inward. The dumbbell should be under the knee.
Lift the dumbbell up with your arms at right angles. Do not change the position of the knees and hips at the same time.
Hold for a while and then slowly lower to the original position.
2. Do squats. Squats can exercise your arms, shoulders and legs.
Stand with one dumbbell in each hand.
Bend your hips and knees to squat with the dumbbells just above the ground. Hold for a while.
Stand slowly and keep your arms steady. Repeat the full set of actions.